Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reunion Regret?

After returning home from Aruba, I had a completely full week at work.  I had several late home visits planned and had to make up for being gone on vacation as well as my upcoming vacation the following week to South Dakota. 

I think I worked somewhere around 55 hours that week in addition to bringing home two foster children for a night.  My 20 year class reunion was the weekend between both vacations and I really struggled with whether to drive the 2.5 hours across state for the event.  Even the morning of, I was still struggling.  I had yet to grocery shop for food and snacks for the cross country trip or pack my suitcase and the car.  In addition, MS was working the weekend and he wouldn't be able to come.  Granted, I never asked  him to come.  Honestly, I think if I  had asked him, he would have gone with me and we would have driven back the same night or early the next morning before he had to work.  I wasn't sure that I wanted to bring MS if I went.  For my 10 year reunion, my then husband and I attended.  I just felt without a commitment of engagement, I didn't want to bring "a date" to the reunion.  Then I feared how MS would be affected by that, especially since I believe his ex-wife had an affair with an old classmate. 

Honestly, I was just too exhausted to deal with it all.  I didn't want to cause any friction or concerns between MS and I before leaving for 1.5 weeks on vacation without him.  If the drive had been less, or the reunion wasn't smack dab in the middle of two vacations, I would have gone.  I have no regrets for not going.  From the pictures, there were a few people I would have liked to see, but nothing I will lose sleep over!  So instead, I spent the weekend, catching up on things around the house, packing and spending what time I could with MS when he wasn't working.

No comments: