Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Little League World Series Roadtrip

As if I haven't had enough of baseball this year, a mother's love in never ending!  When I arrived back in the states from our trip to Mexico, T texted and asked when he was with me for our week of vacation.  He wanted to go to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. 

Seeing that the return from my vacation with MS butted up to the weekend of respite of fostering and then my father's funeral, I told T to do some research.  While he did some, the brunt of the research was done by...me.  I spent this past weekend looking into hotel options and distance and juggling of my work schedule.

Effective today, I will be taking off Friday and Monday to take T to the Little League World Series.  Tonight we booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday night nearby and a hotel en route home for Sunday night.  I am sure we will pack up the car on Thursday night and head east, no need to make anymore plans or pack until the very last minute.  T and I have a bowling marathon to tend to tomorrow and Wednesday I hope to get together with some friends out of town.  I plan on working a full day Thursday.  We will plan on stopping at my parent's Thursday night - two hours closer to Williamsport. 

I am looking forward to the last minute getaway weekend with T before school starts.  While I hope we do more than watch five games of baseball, at least it will be better than the constant games we have been watching on t.v.!  I love last minute improv getways!  Cheers to adventure! 

No comments: