Friday, February 1, 2013

2013: Life As I Know It

I can't even believe that my last post was 9/11/12.  That seems like forever ago...so much has happened since then...and yet things are still the same.  While I decided to blog about my health, I'll do a quick update:

*  My step-dad is doing well.  The liver transplant was a success although he suffered complications that have impacted his vision and memory.  The change has been a major adjustment to his and my mother's way of life; but, they are adjusting.  He is alive and we are all blessed for the small miracles.

*  We spent Thanksgiving with my brother's wife's family.  It was great to see my brother and his family.  This was the first real outing since my step-dad's surgery and both he and my mom looked well.  Despite our short visit with family, I was so blessed to be with family on the holiday.

*  After Christmas T and I drove a second vehicle down to Florida with mom and step-dad.  The drive down was long and challenging and included a run-away u-haul trailer that crossed the median a car in front of us on I75!  I was just glad that T didn't want to log anymore permit practice hours.

*  T and I spent a week with my parents in Florida lounging around and being blessed to have family and our youth ;)  I read four books during the week!  T and I went to Epcot where I became the worst mom ever - navigating crowds and leaving him behind!

*  Many changes at work which have lead to significant transition.  I even applied for a supervisor position that I still believe I maintain I don't ever want. But it is the year of 13 and maybe a year of change.  So who knows.

*  As a parent I am struggling with T turning 16 in a few months and whether or not he should get his license.  The thought of purchasing a new car for myself with a car payment and insurance for him makes me want to hurl.  Since he is only a sophomore and unemployed, I am leaning toward keeping him permitted to avoid having to pay for insurance for the time being.

*  MS and I are still dating.  As I was in Florida for the New Year, I hoped it would be better to start the year off apart and not repeat our previous New Year.  Unfortunately, this year I had some serious deep thoughts and it didn't lead to good times on the relationship front.  Whether it was commitment related, reality related or just stagnation; nevertheless, all is continuing, status quo.

*  I went and saw Flashdance on Broadway!  AG gave me two free tickets!  I was super excited to be back in the theater and loved every minute of the show!

*  It has been two years since MS and I planned a Spring Break together.  We didn't end up going last time. I wonder if this time will have better results.  I can guarantee they will be different.  We shall see.  Again planning on a last minute vacation opportunity with MS and I and two 16 year old boys on a road trip across America.  What fun, right?  Ummm....I'll get back to you on that one.

So I think that basically sums up the past few months.  I can't believe it is officially February 1, 2013.  How time seems to fly.

No comments: