Monday, July 19, 2010

Baseball, Parenting & Honesty

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I posted. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Not yet, at least. Surely I hope if I ever do, that I have a great parachute or really strong bungee to catch me on the flipside!

Things have been relatively busy over the past month and things are finally beginning to quiet down. For the most part, the remodel of the bathroom addition is done (with the exception of payment) and the addition of the egress window. I now have to complete more painting that was affected by the work. So hopefully one or two more days of painting and it will be complete. I'll post pictures soon, or at least before I remodel the bathroom (since my timing seems a little off)! Of course it's sale day at Meijer - which means I'll be shopping for bathroom fun stuff and of course shower curtains!

Regular season of baseball ended last month and now we are in full swing of the "fun" weekend tournaments. Not sure what exactly is fun about losing EVERY SINGLE GAME, but what do I know? This past weekend was spent in a hotel almost 1.5 hours away with eleven 13 year old boys. I was a chaperone with three in my room. I seemed to have the late owls in two of them, that were up until 4a.m. night one and 2a.m. on night two! At least they were relatively quiet.

Speaking of quiet, I've never claimed to be able to keep my mouth shut. This past weekend, of course was no exception. One of the dad's and chaperones of the adjoining room told another parent that he was glad I was on their team, because if not and he was on the other team, what a B!@#$! I'm a rule follower...and the other team was taking in-field practice when it was not allowed, so I mentioned it, to the dad. I didn't even say anything to the other team or coach, but the dad did! But I'm the B!@#$! Go figure!

I also may have made some parenting and authority comments to the coaches children. Although he did ask after if I was for hire. I also might have told the coach that he needed to grow a backbone, and soon. Then of course comments were made about my aggressive driving and physical resemblance to Danica Patrick. And if I didn't say too much over the weekend, coach emailed today to ask for input about the last two tournaments. I may have given him my three cents worth. Surprisingly, he was appreciative and responsive and knew that I would give an honest response. So maybe some people still appreciate and want to hear the truth.

Well, maybe those are just people who you aren't dating.

No comments: